What you should know
Whether you are selling your property or buying one with an electric fence, you are required by law to have an electric fence certificate of compliance (EFC). The EFC is for your protection that you have complied with the law and cannot be held liable if anyone is injured by your electric fence, because your electric fence complies with the SANS regulations and Health and Safety Act.
As per Dept of Labour even if your fence was erected before 2012 and you are selling your property you still need an electric fence certificate of compliance. A valid Electric fence certificate of compliance must also be issued if you have had your energizer replaced or additions done to your fence.
Electric Fence ComplianceCompliance Certificate
Site Test & Inspection
Issue Original EFC
Valid for 2 years
Our Simple Process
Our Services Include
- Any repairs and maintenance on your electric fence and energizer or Battery replacement.
- Any alterations and upgrades needed on your fence including increasing from 8 strand to a 10 strand fence or more.
- We also attend to Garage Motors, Gate Motors and Intercoms.
- Adding an alarm onto your fence so if in the event any wire is cut it will go off loudly or alert you Security Company.
- Install a completely new electric fence for residential and Industrial.
- Issuing of Electric Fence Certificates of Compliance.
Electricians CANNOT issue this certification by default, unless registered with the Department of Labour in terms of this Legislation to do so.
PLEASE be aware of others who do the work but are not registered or qualified to issue valid certificates and then need to call in a registered installer for certificate at an additional cost.
If you have any doubts ask for the installer's Dept of Labour Electric Fence System Installers (EFSI) number.